Friday, October 12, 2012

My New Wedding Band

When Tyson and I got married I wasn't interested in having a wedding band. I loved my engagement ring and thought the simplicity of only having one ring on my left hand was elegant and pretty. Besides, my ring was a solitaire with two little diamonds on the sides, and wearing another ring would cover up one of those diamonds. 
However, after being asked a dozen times when my wedding was by people who assumed I was only engaged, I began to rethink my decision.  

Fast forward two years. Tyson and I had a very simple 2nd anniversary since it came about 2 weeks after Colbi was born. We decided to go out to eat at the Cheesecake Factory and Tyson's sweet mother offered to watch Colbi while we were out. Needless to say, I didn't even make it until our food arrived before I started freaking out about being away from Colbi. We got our food to go (including the cheesecake which was obviously the real reason we wanted to go there) and we headed home. Taking turns holding our newborn and eating cheesecake while sitting on our bed really made our anniversary wonderful and complete.

To solve my indecisiveness about getting a wedding band, Tyson decided to take matters into his own hands. He MADE me a wedding ring. Out of a silver quarter. It's beautiful and compliments my engagement ring perfectly. Plus, how many girls can say their husbands made their wedding ring? Not many! I'm a lucky girl to have a husband who would go through so much effort to make me happy.

...Yup, I shoulda pursued a career being a hand model

One of the best parts is that you can see the words "Quarter dollar," "Liberty," and "United States" on the inside of the band





1 comment:

  1. “I'm a lucky girl to have a husband who would go through so much effort to make me happy.” You’re right, and I’m glad you know that. :) After all, part of being married is to give and take and make sure you try to reciprocate the goodness that the other has done for you. Congratulations, Jane! You don’t just have a wonderful husband, but a beautiful ring as well!

    Kimmy  Barnes

    ReplyDelete