Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Graduation Flashback

My mom emailed me some pictures from my graduation last December and I figured I would take a step back in time and blog about it. Graduation was way fun. It was like that one big finish line saying I didn't  have to go to any more formal schooling if I didn't want to. It was kind of nice knowing I didn't have to go home and write papers or study for tests again, at least for now.
I remember looking around at graduation and being kinda disappointed that I didn't know very many people, but I guess that's how it is in college. Now that I mention it, it's not like I really knew that many people at my high school graduation either. I had already finished my first semester at BYU-H by the time I walked in my high school graduation. Gosh I hated that night. ANYWAYS, graduating from byu-hawaii was nice. My mom and sister, Rachelle, flew out to be here; and of course I had Tyson there too! Elder L. Tom Perry came out to speak at the graduation ceremony and it was great to be in the presence of an apostle. I even got to shake his hand!
Plus, I got some great leis! I love that about graduations...especially here in Hawaii. Everyone ends up drowning in flowers. It's really nice. Tyson's parents even sent me a fresh lei all the way from Pennsylvania :) The whole day I just felt loved and I was just happy to be done! Oh! and I graduated with my bachelor's degree in political science... K here are some pics:


I've decided that NOBODY looks good in a graduation cap...haha



1 comment:

  1. i just love reading your blog Jayne! looks like life is treating you very well :) congrats on your degree!

    ReplyDelete